Benylin Dry & Tickly Cough Syrup is a soothing cough syrup which relieves irritating tickly, dry coughs and sore throats.
Adults and children aged 1 year and over.
You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
How to use
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Check the information below to see how much medicine to take.
For oral use only.
Do not take more than the stated dose below.
Check the cap seal is not broken before first use. If it is, do not take this medicine.
Children under 1 year:
Do not give to children under 1 year
Adults and children 1 year and over:
Children 1 to 5 years: one 5ml spoonful
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 5 years: two 5ml spoonfuls
- Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
- If symptoms persist, contact your pharmacist or doctor.
You can take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Hazards and Cautions
Before taking this medicine:
This product is suitable for most people, but a few people should not use it. If you are in any doubt you should contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not give this medicine to your child if s/he is under 1 year old
Some of the ingredients can cause problems:
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If this applies to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
If anyone has taken too much:
- This product contains 1.85g glucose and 1.707g sucrose in each 5ml, which may be harmful to teeth. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken in to account in patients with diabetes.
- Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.85g per 5ml.
- This product contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per 5ml dose.
If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department (Casualty), taking this pack with you.Possible side effects:
This medicine is unlikely to cause side effects unless you are allergic to the ingredients. If you experience any side effects or you are not sure about anything, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.Reporting of side effects:
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed on pack. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.giv.uk/yellowcard
By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.Storage
There are no special storage instructions for this medicine.
Retain carton for full instructions.
Do not use your medicine after the date shown as the expiry date on the packaging.
Keep the bottle tightly closed.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer needed.
These measures will help protect the environment.
Retain carton for full instructions.Precautions
This is a medicine;
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist
- Seek advice if you suffer from allergies
Active ingedients: Glycerol 0.75ml and Sucrose 1.707g in every 5ml of medicine
Also contains: citric acid monohydrate, sodium benzoate (E211), cough syrup 513277 flavour (contains aniseed, liquorice, propylene glycol and ethanol), black treacle, liquid glucose, purified water.