Dormeasan® is a herbal sleep remedy made from extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Valerian root and Hops.
Herbal sleep remedy
Helps restore natural sleep
Tinctures of Valerian and Hops
Fresh herb extract
Dormeasan® is not a 'sleeping pill’. It is a herbal sleeping aid and won't normally leave you feeling groggy in the morning. Unlike many sleep remedies, Dormeasan® is available in the form of a liquid herbal tincture. Taken just half an hour before bedtime, it can help if you worry that you can't sleep - encouraging a more natural sleep, helping you sleep better and wake feeling refreshed.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked Valerian root and Hops plants are used to make Dormeasan®. This ensures that the herb extracts obtained provide the active* ingredients that encourage undisturbed sleep. For more information on why we prefer to use fresh herbs in our herbal remedies, look for The A.Vogel fresh herb story.
The use of fresh herbs gives Dormeasan® tincture a stronger taste and smell because it has not lost its volatile oils. Some people may prefer to take Dormeasan® diluted in fruit juice, rather in water.
1ml of Dormeasan® oral liquid (equivalent to 35 drops) contains:
- Valerian root tincture 0.5ml (Valeriana officinalis L.) (1:10-11) Extraction solvent: ethanol 58%v/v
- Hops strobile tincture 0.5ml (Humulus lupulus L.) (1:12-13) Extraction solvent: ethanol 65% v/v
Other ingredients used are ethanol and water.
* Tobler M, et al. Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitsMedizin, 1994.
Dormeasan® may be used as a sleep remedy or for mild anxiety, by adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
As a sleep remedy: Take 30 drops of the herbal remedy in a little water half an hour before bedtime.
For mild anxiety: This product may also be used to relieve the symptoms of mild anxiety. Take 10 - 20 drops once or twice daily.
Don't take more than the recommended dose. This product is not known to be habit forming.
For more advice to help you sleep better, go to our Tips for a Good Night's Sleep.
Who can't take Dormeasan®?
- Do not use if you are allergic to valerian root or hops, or if you are already taking medication for disturbed sleep or insomnia, or another herbal sleep remedy
- If your symptoms worsen or if you do not feel any benefit within 4 weeks, talk to your doctor
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- Do not use Dormeasan® if you are taking another medicine that is affected by alcohol